I recently came across a new cookbook, Stack’d: The Gluten-Free Protein Pancake Cookbook. Sounds right up my alley, right? The creator, Jessica Kahn of Kitch&Table, is an absolute sweetheart and I was thrilled when she offered to give me recipes from this stunning book to try! Her cookbook is filled with unique recipes from savory to sweet; including Lemon Ricotta, Spiced Chip, Cheddar & Chive, Zucchini, and Strawberry Shortcake!
I was so intrigued by the recipes and stunning photographs, that I didn’t realize at first that I’d have to do some adapting to make the recipes grain-free and dairy-free. With some discussion with Jess, I adapted her crepe recipe a tiny bit and made a paleo-friendly version that was a huge hit, we had them two days in a row in my house!
- All recipes are gluten-free
- The batter is simple to prepare
- You’ll most likely already have the ingredients in your kitchen!
- As noted above, if you avoid grains & dairy, it’s no problem! Minor substitutions can be made to achieve the same delicious outcome
We had fun filling the crepes with different things, and for the ones in my house who eat dairy, greek yogurt mixed with raw honey was a hit! This book is stunning and loaded with delicious, healthy, and unique recipes (there are 35 in the book), and is available for a low price of $3.49 here Amazon! If that’s not great enough, want some more great news? I am giving away one copy of Jess’ Cookbook! You can enter to win through the giveaway tab on my Facebook page. Simple as that!
Ingredients (adapted from Stack’d): Makes 2 crepes
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 tsp raw honey (agave, or pure maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 2 scoops vanilla grass-fed whey
- 1/2 tbsp grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- Desired fillings: fresh fruit, homemade jam, almond butter, etc.
- In a bowl whisk together all ingredients
- In a medium-skillet, heat oil or butter
- Pour batter on and cook over medium heat until you can flip it
- Flip, transfer to a plate, and fill with desired fillings