Normally when preparing sweet potatoes for breakfast I make these Roasted Cinnamon Sweet Potato Home Fries. But today, seeing as it was a ‘breakfast for dinner’ kind of night, I decided to be adventurous. I loaded up my skillet and cooked up a hash that was a huge hit. This loaded hash with eggs and hot sauce… I think I could be in heaven!
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped
- 1 cup peppers and onions, chopped
- 1 large handful fresh organic spinach
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Optional: 2 organic chicken sausages, chopped
- Optional: 4 pieces nitrate-free bacon, pre-cooked and chopped
- Himalayan sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a skillet, sauté oil and garlic over medium heat for 1 minute
- Add in chopped sweet potato and stir
- After 4-5 minutes, add in peppers, onion, and tomato
- Let sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Mix in chopped sausage and bacon, let cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring often
- Mix in fresh spinach, and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until sautéed
- Remove skillet from heat and serve hot
- I served mine with fresh organic over easy eggs.
- Tip: To get your eggs perfect, cook them slow over medium/low heat.