I’m feeling tropical this morning! For a few minutes I felt like I was back in Mexico sipping on a delicious refreshing drink; though this one has the health benefits I needed to start my day off right. Can you tell I’m feeling beach-ready? This smoothie is packed with nutrients and tastes amazing.
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened coconut milk or unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use either grass-fed whey or vegan)
- 1 tsp organic pure honey or raw honey (optional)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Optional: garnish with organic unsweetened coconut flakes
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish and enjoy!
Benefits of Coconut Oil:
- Improves metabolism
- Regulates blood sugar
- Contains antimicrobial properties
- Rich in antioxidants
- Can improve many skin conditions
- Tip: buy organic, cold-pressed, unrefined, extra-virgin coconut oil
Benefits of Chia Seeds:
- Loaded with iron, calcium, omega 3′s, magnesium, and antioxidants
- Mineral powerhouse
- Natural detoxifier
- Improves health of hair, skin, and nails
Benefits of Raw Honey:
- Rich in B vitamins
- Antiviral, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties
- Promotes body and digestive health
- Strengthens the immune system