I realized yesterday that of my many dishes made with spaghetti squash, almost all are meat-based and none of them contain seafood. That had to be changed! I was in Whole Foods when I began conjuring up ideas. Spaghetti squash infused with white wine, spices, garlic, veggies, and seafood? DONE! Eating healthy never has to be boring!
- 1 spaghetti squash, cooked
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 handfuls fresh organic spinach
- 1-2 cups broccoli florets
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- Shrimp, Mussel Meat, Calamari, Whole Shell Clams, Clam Meat (I found this great mix frozen fresh at Whole Foods)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced (more to taste)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (more to taste)
- Himalayan sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Notes: Adjust spices to your liking. I like garlic so I add a little more garlic using my ground garlic mill.
Optional: Fresh Parmesan to taste
- Roast Spaghetti Squash then place in a bowl and set aside.
- In a medium-sized pan add 1 tbsp olive oil and sauté 1 clove crushed garlic. Add onion, broccoli, and mushrooms and let cook for about 5-7 minutes, until translucent. Add spinach and let cook for 2 minutes, until spinach is sautéed. Set aside.
- In a large pan add 1 tbsp olive oil and sauté 1 clove crushed garlic. Add seafood and let cook for 7-8 minutes. Add white wine, and 1/2 lemon and mix to combine.
- Add spaghetti squash and vegetables into the large seafood pan. Add basil, red pepper flakes, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and other 1/2 lemon and mix well.
- Add any additional spices for your liking and serve hot.