The weekend is here and beach season is upon us! All of you beach go-ers know that the food at the little beach stand is far from optimal; I mean it’s “bikini season” so you want to look and feel great, right? Processed foods and snacks loaded with refined sugars are not going to do it! So, it’s important to be prepared.
Note: Don’t have a cooler? You can find a small carry-size cooler for $20 or less!
Quick and Easy Meal Ideas:
- Prepare chicken the night before and make lettuce wraps!
- Sweet potato bun BLT “sandwiches”
- Easy homemade chicken slaw (don’t forget your forks and napkins)
- Easy chicken skewers (these are great for the beach)
- Buffalo Chicken Burgers (wrap them in lettuce or serve with a healthy bread choice)
- Make your own trail mix (raw nuts, organic raisins, dehydrated fruit)
- Clean nutrition bars: Make your own homemade Lara bars (try it, it’s super easy!) or go with clean store-bought bars like Pure Bars and Quest Protein Bars.
- Organic raw veggies (carrots, grape tomatoes)
- Organic fruit skewers (skewers make it easy since you’ll be sandy)
- Eggplant chips
- Egg muffin cups
- Organic corn tortilla chips & salsa
- Organic air-popped popcorn
- To start, you want to stay hydrated, so bring plenty of water (add some fresh lemon, too) and coconut water!
- Napkins & Utensils (you can probably find there, but better to be safe)
- Ice for your cooler
- A pair of sunglasses
- Beach Towel
- Beach Chair
- Beach Umbrella
- Lip balm
- A book/magazine
- Change of clothes
- Hair tie (ladies)