I have a few go-to salmon preparations and this one never fails! Sometimes simple is best!
*Remember: always buy wild-caught salmon over farm-raised. Wild caught salmon has no added chemicals, preservatives, growth hormones, antibiotics, or pesticides, and no GMOs!
- 1 salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- 1/8 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Dash of ground garlic, from garlic mill
- Dash of himalayan sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Set oven to broil.
- Line baking dish with foil.
- Coat salmon with all ingredients.
- Broil on high for 8-10 minutes
Benefits of Wild-Caught Salmon:
- Contains Omega-3 fatty acids which improve heart function
- Loaded with vitamins and minerals
- High-quality protein
- Contains essential amino acids
- Note: always buy wild-caught over farm raised (non-gmo, no added chemicals, no preservatives, no growth hormones or antibiotics, and no pesticides)
Benefits of Lemon:
- One of the most alkaline-forming foods (restore body’s pH)
- Fight the flu (rich in vitamin C and flavonoids)
- Cleanse your bowels
- Contain powerful antioxidants
- Contains 22 anti-cancer compounds