My original chili recipe is always a huge hit. I love making a big batch and having it all week. I decided to make a paleo-friendly version and man was it good! Filled with grass-fed beef, veggies, and sweet potatoes; and topped with chopped scallions and sliced avocado! Mmmm…
- 2 lbs. 100% grass-fed organic beef (can sub turkey meat)
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2-3 onions, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed, chopped
- 3 organic carrots, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 1 can organic tomato sauce
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 can organic tomato paste
- 2 cups water – add 1 first, then add the other as you need it
- 4 tbsp chili powder (more to taste)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Dash of basil
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- In a pot, heat oil and sauté garlic, onions, peppers, carrots, and sweet potato. Sauté until golden.
- Add meat and cook until browned.
- Once meat is cooked, add everything else and bring to a boil. Lower heat and cook uncovered until sauce is thick of about 2-3 hours, add water and spices as needed.
I serve with avocado slices and chopped scallions on top!