Sweet Potato Chili…. mmmm! This meat-less dish is so filling and delicious.The flavors just meld perfectly together.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Sauté oil, garlic, onions, and sweet potatoes in pot until soft.
- Add all other ingredients. Mix well, bring to a boil, and then let simmer.
- Cook on low for an hour (it could be eaten sooner)