Ah, protein pancakes! There was a good 6 weeks this year where these beauties were made every single morning. So many variations, so many delicious pancakes consumed. Below is the base recipe; which you can adapt and get creative with!
Simple blueberry pancakes.
Ingredients: (Makes 4 medium-sized pancakes)
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use either Grass-fed Whey or Vegan Perfect Fit Protein Powder)
- 1 tbsp flour (Coconut flour, GF All-purpose flour, Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free pancake flour, etc.)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Any add-ins you like!
- Optional: 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mash banana and mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Mix in add-ins.
- Pour onto sprayed pan and cook slow on medium heat.
Tip: Be patient! Cook it over low or medium heat in order for them to cook properly.