My granola recipe has always gotten rave-reviews. The many who have made it absolutely love it. I decided to turn that recipe into a paleo-friendly version and it was SO good.
- 2 cups nuts (I use raw almonds, raw slivered almonds, and chopped walnuts- ground some in nut grinder)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (any other seeds you like)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Dash of salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp organic honey
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp organic pure maple syrup (can sub agave/or omit)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl combine nuts, coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, flaxseed meal, sesame seeds (any other seeds you like), cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and a dash of salt.
- In a pan on the stove combine coconut oil, organic honey, organic vanilla extract, organic pure maple syrup; Let boil.
- Once boiling, pour over dry mixture in the bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- *CRUCHY GRANOLA TIP: add one egg white to the mixture, make sure it’s really really really mixed in – this makes it chunky and really stick together in clusters.*
- Pour onto baking sheet and bake at 350, stirring occasionally, until slightly brown (watch carefully, mine cooked quicker than my non-paleo granola)!