Take out? No thanks! This guilt-free version of fried rice is so delicious that in my house the bowl actually got licked!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 carrot stalks, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen organic peas, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- Handful of spinach
- 2-3 organic eggs
- 2 pieces organic boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (more to taste)
- 2 tbsp organic tamari soy sauce (or coconut aminos/regular soy sauce- more to taste)
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Pulse cauliflower in food processor until rice consistency
- Cut up all veggies you’re going to use
- In one pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and sauté 2 cloves crushed garlic. Add in the ‘cauli-rice’ and let cook, mixing often, for about 8-10 minutes
- While that’s cooking, in another pan heat 1 tbsp oil, and sauté 2 cloves crushed garlic garlic. Add in onions, let cook down, then add in all your veggies. Once veggies are cooked, add protein of choice (I used chicken) until all cooked.
- Now back to the cauli pan. Make a hole in the center of your rice and put in 2 or 3 eggs. Once scrambled in the center, mix in completely with the rice. Add scallions and mix again.
- Add cauli-rice to the vegetable pan and add garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, dash of salt and pepper, and 2 tbsp organic tamari soy sauce (more to taste)