Skinny Zucchini Linguine Fra Diavolo is my healthy Italian take on this spicy dish; and man is it good! Since I love Italian food, I love even more making heavy Italian dishes into light healthy hits.
- 5-6 zucchinis
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 15-20 shrimps (I buy extra large, fully cooked)
- 1 15oz. can Organic diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz. can Organic tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- Red pepper flakes
- Mrs. Dash salt-free Italian seasoning
- Fresh ground pepper
- Fresh basil
- Clean off shrimp, pat dry, and set aside.
- Using a mandolin, cut long linguine-like strands
- In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil and place ‘noodles’ in pan
- Let cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add 1/4 cup water and cook over medium heat until translucent (5-8 minutes)
- Transfer to a strainer and strain excess water
Fra Diavlo sauce:
- In a sauté pan, sauté 2 crushed garlic cloves and one chopped onion with a dash of oil (I use evoo or coconut oil).
- Add 1 can organic diced tomato and one can tomato sauce.
- Add 1/3 cup dry white wine, a good amount of red pepper flakes, parsley, Mrs. Dash salt-free Italian seasoning, fresh ground pepper, and fresh basil.
- Let simmer for about 5-10 minutes
- Add shrimp and let all simmer together.