Whenever I go to friends or family for dinner I always like to bring SOMETHING. It seems lately that everyone is craving just a simple healthy treat. A go-to of mine is dark chocolate covered fruit. They are such a simple, guilt-free, and delicious treat! They are always all gone. Do you know the benefits of dark chocolate? Dark chocolate actually contains many really healthy compounds. Read labels though, many are loaded with other ingredients!
- Fresh organic Strawberries, washed well
- Dark chocolate (I prefer 72% or greater)
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Chopped nuts
- Parchment Paper
Optional: Make them holiday friendly by switching up your chocolate and adding in festive toppings!
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Create two topping bowls: one with chopped nuts, one with unsweetened coconut flakes
- Heat chocolate (either over the stove, or in the microwave)
- Roll strawberries in chocolate
- Place chocolate-covered strawberries in one of the topping bowls, then lay on the parchment paper
- When finished, transfer baking sheet to the fridge until chocolate has hardened