Who doesn’t love buffalo wings and burgers? These are Healthy Buffalo Chicken Burgers. I topped them with sliced avocado, drizzled with hot sauce, and served over a bed of arugula!
- 1.5lb. organic ground chicken (Bought mine at Whole Foods)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp gluten-free cornmeal (or breadcrumbs of choice)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup scallions, chopped
- 2 organic carrot stalks, chopped
- Garlic Powder
- Red Pepper flakes
- Himalayan Sea Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (or more to taste)]
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a food processor combine carrots and onion; pulse to chop into small bits.
- In a bowl combine the vegetable mixture, ground chicken, egg, garlic powder, hot sauce, and salt & pepper.
- Form into patties (mine made 9 nice size burgers)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. I put mine on broil for a few minutes at the end! *Can also throw these patties on a grill for 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through*
-Arugula is tossed with rice vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, himayalan sea salt, and pepper.